Code of ConductThe Grakn community is a space for everyone. It's made out of people from all over the world, and we consider our diversity as one of our most important strenghts! We've set up this Code of Conduct to help guide our behaviour so that every single one of us has an absolutely amazing experience. We'll enforce this code throughout the event. Behaviour that we consider as harassment and will not be tolerated, includes, but is not limited to:
- Verbal comments that reinforce social structures of domination related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, or religion
- Sexual images in public spaces
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following
- Harassing photography or recording
- Sustained disruption of talks or other events
- Inappropriate physical contact
- Unwelcome sexual attention
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behaviour
EnforcementParticipants asked to stop any harassing behaviour are expected to comply immediately
Exhibitors in the expo hall, sponsor or vendor booths, or similar activities are also subject to the anti-harassment policy. In particular, exhibitors should not use sexualized images, activities, or other material. Booth staff (including volunteers) should not use sexualized clothing/uniforms/costumes, or otherwise create a sexualised environment.
If a participant engages in harassing behaviour, event organisers retain the right to take any actions to keep the event a welcoming environment for all participants. This includes warning the offender or expulsion from the conference with no refund.
Event organisers may take action to redress anything designed to, or with the clear impact of, disrupting the event or making the environment hostile for any participants.
We expect participants to follow these rules at all event venues and event-related social activities. We think people should follow these rules outside event activities too!
ReportingIf someone makes you or anyone else feel unsafe or unwelcome, please report it as soon as possible. Conference staff can be identified by t-shirts and special badges.
Harassment and other code of conduct violations reduce the value of our event for everyone. We want you to be happy at our event. People like you make our event a better place. You can make a report either personally or anonymously.
Reporting an incidentYou can make a report by:
- Calling or messaging this phone number: 020 7700 5888 or this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. This phone number will be continuously monitored for the duration of the event.
- Contacting a staff member, identified by badges, and shirts.
Our team will be happy to help you contact venue security, local law enforcement, local support services, provide escorts, or otherwise assist you to feel safe for the duration of the event. We value your attendance.